Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail to CallPilot 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbxpoweruser

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2007
CA
Just completed an upgrade from Meridian Mail to CallPilot 5.0 When I try to add or even modify a mailbox CallPilot says that it cannot save because the mailbox number must be between 4 and 18 digits. Now I have 3 digit extensions in the PBX and the Mailbox Length in Messaging Management is set to 3 digits. It specifically says that mailboxes can be from 3 to 18 digits. I also tried setting it to variable length... Is this a PEP that has to be installed?

thx
Marti
n

I continue to be amazed by the stupidity of the Error messages generated by CallPilot. It turned out that since the security prefix is set to 12 and the mailboxes are 3 digits. The minimum password length was set to 6. That being said the issue was caused because the security prefix + mailbox number were inferior to the minimum password length.

Instead of giving a proper error message saying that the minimum password length should be decreased, the system says that the mailbox must be at least 4 digits....

Oh well it's fixed and hopefully this can be of use to someone...

funny....not really for you, but funny nonetheless.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back