Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail to Call Pilot Migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotelBoy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2004
US
I have a Option 11C with Meridian Mail I'd like to upgrade to Call Pilot. Before I call my money hungry vendor, I have some questions.

1) Would you recommend doing so?
2) Does Call Pilot have a hospitality feature like MMail does?
3) Would anyone recommend going from a T1 channel bank to VoIP?
4) What would the cost of upgrading to Call Pilot be (generally) with 130 users?

cost is at a all time low, call pilot has all the features of mermail plus some new ones, the gui interface is simple, once you get used to it.. desktop messg. is clean and so is fax service.. the t1 channel bank to voip i hope has no bearing on cp to mm? i would not use voip as my only connection to the pstn.. maybe in the future, i would use voip on the subscriber side of any switch, the biggest problem with voip is bansdwidth, in house a 100 meg backbone, is overkill for voice, in the outside world, between the switch and customers or other switches 100 meg would not be in my budget (ever).. if you use shared bandwidth with data, high data traffic can kill your voice quality (qos)..step are in place to fix that, a de field is used to give voice a higher level of service, not all relay switches look at that field. fe and ne bits are often ignored between end points.. just remember, voip will be the best way to go in the near future and is some large areas where you can get gig-ether, is the best choice..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

2) Does Call Pilot have a hospitality feature like MMail does? No, afraid not. Nortel's new hospitality messaging product is the Hospitality Messaging Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back