Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail Replacement Tapes? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2003
US
What is a good replacement tape that I could get at office depot or from a similiar vendor that would work for back ups on the Meridian Mail? I have a Tanberg tape drive.

Thanks.

Jaye Kilburn
T/IS Dept.
Marine Spill Response Corp.
Southern Region

You have to use DC6250 tapes.
However they are very hard to find.
So we are actually looking for a change of tapedrives.
(atleast for OP11 mmailsystems.)

Whichever tape you by I would make sure that it's large enough so you don't have to switch tapes

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I have fairly good luck getting the tapes I need from Staples. 2.5 gig Magnus tapes.

I've done a full restore off them, so I know they work. (Damn I wish I never have to do that again)

We use the same tapes as Sennback does (DC6250). They can be ordered from Corporate Express.

There item number is IMN46157
Description: Data Cartrige, 5.25 DC6250, 250MB, 1020 Feet

Good Luck!

Thanks mpking!
I feel your pain on the restore from backup. Nortel has to make it difficult....(That's why I love Lucent)

Jaye Kilburn
T/IS Dept.
Marine Spill Response Corp.
Southern Region

Acutally the restore went painlessly. It was the nail biting the went with the reason for the restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back