Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail remote voice mail access

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancal

Technical User
Oct 31, 2009
US
Hey guys,

I'm trying to find the full 10-digit phone number for external meridian mail access.
Within Mermail i can see the VoiceServices-DN Table and know exactly which DN i am looking for. However, the DN does not match any of the numbers in my DID range.
Is there another way to figure out what the voicemail access DN's corresponding 10-digit phone number is?

thank you

Have you tried the number? It could be a number pointed down your trunks in addition to your DID range, or could be an analog line connected in to the system.
If this does not work, you can build your own access, take a DID and point it to your normal internal voice mail access number using an ACD.
Or you could just call your own DID, when it transfers to voice mail press 81 and follow the prompts.

Maybe check your IDC table and look for the Mermail DN in there, see if thats how it is pointed

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Yes. I will ACD a number to the mail DN.
Im doing this from a remote site so i am not able to call and test the DNs myself.
thanks for your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back