Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dliss

Technical User
Jan 1, 2003
CA
Hey Forum!

Been a great help so far, lets see if this question gets an answer. I am planning on putting in a brand new (between 1 and 2 yrs old) option 11. New Release etc. I have recently come accross an older Meridian Mail system and was wondering if I need any passwords or RTU or anything to start using it? Below is what the MERMAIL includes:

Northern Telecom Meridian Voicemail W 3 Nodes (cabinets) In 1 rack
VP4 Qty 1 NT6P04AA
VP8 Qty 3 NT6P08AA
MMP40 Qty 2 NT6P08AA
Util Qty 1 NT6P03AA
Tape Drive Qty 2 NT6D45AA
Hard Drives Qty 4
CE pwr supply DC qty 3 NT6D41AB
All the controller cards are also included

Anyone? Anyone? lol

I thought option 11 had their own voicemail equipment ie a card that slots into the first cab.

The mail you have has come from a large system, this would be interresting if it works.

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Might be a problem with system ID's not matching

Will not work with option 11, there is an Option11 cabinate EC module that you could use most of the cards in - requires a M-Gate card in the MerMail to connect.

Remember any used system will have to be re-regitered with Nortel. They will issue a keycode that will match your switch's security ID

both answers are correct, you don't have a hi speed link to interface with the 11 cab. if you have all the original software you can do a new install and recover the passwords. your nortel vendor will be able to suppy you with new keycodes and a list of cards and cables you need to get full intergration. i recently saw a call pilot on ebay for less then a grand, not as large as you mermail, which is sized for around 1000 users or so. fyi the mermail that came with the opt 11 was a three card piggy-back arrangement that fit in slot 10, you programed your acd sets on that slot. the mgate card would fit in that slot and interface between the two processors.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back