Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian mail question

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrael2000

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
CA
Hi Guys.

If I am posting this in the wrong place, let me know where the right place is and I will post it there.

I have to go and reset a password for a customer with an Option 11 and Meridian Mail.

I've done password resets without an issue before, but this time when I dialed in, and I do the following:

Login to Meridian Mail!
Select USER ADMINISTRATION from the menu picks
Select LOCAL VOICE USER from the menu picks
Press the VIEW MODIFY softkey (softkeys on screen are associated with F6 through F10 function keys)
RESULT: You are prompted for a mailbox number.
Enter the user's mailbox number and press <RETURN>
RESULT: The VIEW/MODIFY LOCAL VOICE USER screen is displayed.
Move HighLight to LOGON STATUS field (move HighLight by up and down courser keys)
Check if status is Disabled or Enabled. If Disabled, set to Enabled using right and left courser keys.
Press SAVE softkey.
Inform user his/her mailbox password is enabled
If the user has forgotten their password, reset it as per below...

Thanks to Mike PBX cookbook for writing this down for me. :-D

I am NEVER able to get to the logon status field no matter whether I try using cursor keys, tab, etc. As soon as I get to the last field, the extension, and press any key again, it just boots me up to the top field.

Has anyone encountered this before? And if so, how did you "fix" it.

Regards

How are you accessing Meridian Mail?. Are you using the TTY screen and typing "AX" or are you doing something like "AX 8" etc?.

Have you tried different TTY ports ?.

You might need to go into system logging and check in LD 48 with the command STAT AML

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Have you set your terminal program to VT220? Look in the same FAQ at "Terminal Function Keys not responding", where the ESC codes are listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back