Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian mail question

Status
Not open for further replies.

norstan

Technical User
Feb 6, 2005
US
Can the calling number info be set to NOT be given when listening to your messages....For example, If I access my mailbox and begin listening to a message, the system tells me what number the message was left from and the time/date the message was left..ie: "message 2, new, from 2015551010 received today at 4:15pm"

My customer wants to set up a "complaint mailbox" that would allow the person leaving the messege to remain annonymous. How can this be accomplished?

build a class of service (personal) and check short prompts.. that does not read calling number or time unless the user request it.. another way that i used for a cop shop tip line.. i built a dsc that deleled 4 and inserted , the did of the mail box and sent the call out the local outbound.. so all calls went out and back in.. all msgs were from the main billing number.. it;s a work around and if you need the code let us know..

i just used a dsc to cfxa to a maxp 1 acd ncfw to mail.. the trip out and back in masked the original calling number, internal and external..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John Poole...

If I make 5104 a dsc and send it out and come back in to 5104 how does it ever make it to the mailbox? To me it is one circle, it will continually go to the dsc and dial out and to the dsc then dial out. Do you see what I am saying?

Have to be two different DNS

Make 5104 an acd that goes out and back and back into your system to 5105 that forwards directly to voicemail.

Pick up you messages on 5105.

(i think that is what he means)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back