Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail Notification Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOWE

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2002
US
Having an issue with getting the notification light on the deskset when someone leaves a voice message on our group/roll over voice mailbox.

The delay is 12 to 24hrs. This is the voice mailbox for our roll over ACD group. If someone leaves a message on that groups voice mailbox, the admin that is set to get the voice mail light does not get it. Sometimes the delay is as long as 24hrs.

This does not happen on our voice mailboxes for the direct dial lines (they get there message light when some leaves a message).

Where should I start looking?

Thanks.

Can you give us the RLS of the mail your running.

Its a Meridian 1 system. Where do I find the RLS?

put a xmwk key associated with that mailbox on their set.
probably their personal mailboxes are interfering with the
standard light

system is meridian mail.

I did find a users mailbox was set to 001_STANDARD and has 146 messages. Cleaning it out now.

Admin does have an extra key that is just for group mailbox. But it still does not light up right away.

You might want to go into the Tools menu and do a Meassage Light Audit after you clean up all unused boxes.

I am removing old mailboxes and cleaning out some of the old messages.

Another question: The tally for Storage Used: Does that equal MB or KB? User with 200+ old messages (older guy that doesn't delete much) had a Storage Used: 83. Then after deleting 140 msgs, storage used was 44.

The next time you get the complaint run a session trace on that mailbox and you can see all that the meridian mail does including issuing the command to turn on the message waiting light. It could be that the personal mailbox is interfering. It has been a long time since Meridian Mail delayed message notification. Session trace will give you alot of information.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

GHTROUT is correct, did you check the SYSYEM STATUS to see how much of the HD was used

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back