Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail Menuing Mailboxes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donebrokeit

Programmer
Aug 13, 2007
CA
Does anyone have explicit instructions on how to setup a menuing mailbox in Meridian Mail. I need to know how to set up Dial By Extension and also using the dial pad to reach a person internally. A DID number will be used to enter MerMail after I setup an ACD queue to night forward into the system. I will using the digits 1 to 9 for access and need to know more about other features etc.

Set it all up on paper 1st then build from the last point to the start.

example:

call 555-1212 ->
did dummy ACD 1212 NCFW to voice mail 3333 -> 3333 VSDN to TOD 33331 -> TOD 33331 day to Menu 33332, night and hliday to menu 33333 ->
day Menu 33332
press 1 - Dial by ext 33334
Press 2 - transfer to sales x1213
press 3 - directions announcement 33335

Now if I was to build I would start from the end building an announcement 33335, then a Thru Dial application 33334, then the day menu 33333 then the night menu, then the Time of day controller, then the VSDN, then the dummy ACD.

Remember anouncements and menues will not work until there is a recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back