Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail Locked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOSupport

MIS
Jan 7, 2008
US
Hi,

About once every couple of weeks, Meridian Mail just locks up and I can't get into it at all. The only option is to power it off then back on.

What actions would be recommended in this case.

Thanks,

Frank

Option 11 mail or Large system?

Version?
Seer codes indicate anything?

Need more info

Does the switch INI around the same time?

Nope the switche does not INI, I actually get no errors on the switch and the AML Link is still enabled when this happens. It just locks up. Very strange

Are you saying you can't get to the Admin/login screen or the VM channels are not answering?

Both, Can't get to login Screen by typing ax and when a someone calls, the voice ports are not answering and its bouncing to the default attendant.

I still think your best bet is to check the SEER codes, that way if you see any DM (Disk Manager ) errors you might have a dieing hard drive....

Go with the SEER codes, otherwise you / we are guessing....

We had the very same issue on an 11 with Mer Mail 13 that we have since taken out of service. We changed out every piece of hardware including the chassis, nothing fixed the issue. That leads me to believe it is a software problem, or at the very least software and a specific release of hardware not getting along with each other. We had no acknowledgement of a problem from Nortel, but have heard of others having the same issue too.
Now might be a good time for you to push the issue of going to Call Pilot......

I think that sums it up. I have heard of other people having the same issue. Looks like I'm pushing for call pilot then. Thank you

Call pilot would be nice if the moneys there.
You may want to fix it for the time being, get it going again then print out the SEER codes, look them up.
The SEER code history shoud indicate what the problem is. If your not having hard drive issues then you may just have to power down take it apart and re-seat the line cards and DSP daughter boards, re-seat everything.

1. Re-seat the cards
2. Replace the hardrive
3. Replace the cards (one by one)
4. Buy a new mail system

ok, I replaced everything at this point and still getting the same results.

The seer code I see is when the systems locked up around 4AM and I rebooted it at 7:30AM

35- 0 4/18 04:06 System Inf 1 Null
Des: SEER registered and active
25- 5 4/18 04:06 Error Inf 1 0-1-1-2
Act: None. The system will/has recover.
Des: Link is up

You need to get some boxes of paper and turn on seer printing to chatch seers before the system locks up.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back