Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail & Call Pilot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Option 11C release 25.4 with Mer Mail release 13 and 10 hours of storage. Customer has a working out of service CP 201i release 4.0 with 24 hrs of storage that he would like to use. It’s been a while but I should not have any problems migrating this over or did the CP have to match the switch.

Sure does, don't even bother

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

perry I found this old thread and it says it don't, have you ever tried?
Thanks,

thread798-1619255

I've installed a spare CP201i in my 61c and got it up and running... - can't see why it would be any different in a 11c (except for the backplane position! BE SURE TO DOUBLE CHECK THIS or you will destroy/bend pins if it's not specifically configured for the 11c)
As long as the dongle on the CP card matches the software, and you have all the passwords it should work properly assuming you've configured the TN's / ACD / CDN correctly for a CP201i installation.

It can go to any 2 slots in any cabnet. This is nice if you want to do most of the setup before you remove the MMail. If you have it, the migration setup tape makes for a nice tranfer or mail boxes and recordings.

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

Yes you can run a Callpilot on any system as it does NOT look at the security ID on the PBX. As stated by 30n30w the dongle on the CP must match the keycode sheet and away you go.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Thanks I'll give it a try. Splic3d you bring up a good point and correct me if I’m wrong. Normally I put my CP in slot 9 of the cabinet but since my MMail is in 10 I can not use slot 9 right now. Can I use slots 8 & 9 for the CP and migrate all the MMail data over, then take out the MMail and move my CP to slots 9 & 10?
Thanks again to everyone here.

Yes you can, you will just have to reconfig the TN programming in the CP and PBX.

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back