Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail 13 No canned prompts - NEED HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebells11

Technical User
Nov 6, 2007
US
I have a customer with a MM13 that crashed yesterday. I had a spare card (NT6R16AA) in inventory which is now running at their site. Software has been loaded to the card from tape, and it has been restored from backup. I now have no canned prompts as stated in the title. I also have no mailbox greetings, which I am not all that worried about. All AA greetings are working as expected, and all other VM functions (that I have noticed) are working as well.

I have tried running a comprehensive upgrade as well as running the install again from a different tape, both of which yielded the same result.

Thank You in advance...
E

Did you install the languages from the install tape

I did, and I did see them copy from tape to HDD (obviously not exact syntax).

Does the Mermail have a dongle that needed to move to the new card?

Meridian Mail doesn't have a dongle, but the Option 11 type versions were keycoded to match the systems site ID.

The problem with Mail 13 backups was that for a full backup, you might have to have used two backup tapes as the full backup was slightly larger than the tape capacity that was available at that time.

Did you do a full restore as a partial one will have some missing areas.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

Very long story very short, the backup was corrupt. I ended up reloading software, and programming from scratch. All is well in MerMail land now...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back