Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

meridian mail 13 dead need replacement options

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHXAZ

Technical User
Jun 1, 2010
US
Good afternoon everyone
I have an option 11c CS1000S rls 3.0, recently we had a power outage that took the mermail out single card mail.
its in a never ending loop it tries to bootup. and I get an XMI001 10
a few minutes later I get an XMI002 10 and back to XMI001 and so on.
the power light come up and HDD light than it goes out come up a minute or 2 later and so on.
I'm not sure if I need to replace the mail card or HDD only.
the mail card itself seem to me as if that is the issue since I keep seeing the XMI001-XMI002.

I'm looking for options to fix or replace the mail.
there is no back up or even a tape drive onsite.
option 1. get a replacement card, HDD , tape drive, software tape and start from scratch.
option 2. I have read that you can option a Callpilot 100/150 to work on an M1 switch but not sure. this might be the better option since i can get one at a reasonable price and not so much programming to do via terminal.
option 3. anything you guys may suggest that will get me going i dont want to spent to much since we aregoing to be replacing the system within a year.

thank you all for your time

"Friends,Romans,Countrymen lend me your ears I come to ask for help and to give it, lets not argue on who is best or worst lets just help each other

From my experience with Meridian Mail, the power unit can go on them, but you will have no lights or any indication on the Mail system.

The hard disk tends to be the culprit and would have to be rebuilt using a SCSI Tape drive, installation Tape and the keycodes to match it with the systems site ID. If you haven't got the keycodes or even a backup Tape, then there will be little point trying to rebuild the mail again.

A Call Pilot 150 system can be used, but I think it would be better to try and source a spare Call Pilot 201i system instead as I'm sure you won't need it to match with the Option 11c site ID.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website =

Since MM has reached its EOL, it might be time to look for a replacement, and moving on to CP might be the best option (if you're staying w/ the CS1000).

1st, I wouldn't continue trying to boot the thing up for fear of corrupting and/or losing your data.
Take into consideration how much its going to cost, and as Firebird mentioned, you'll need keycodes.

Your provider (in my case is Blackbox) offers incentive to moving up to CP.

A Tek-Tip Lover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back