Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian M2216 ACD phone only rings once out loud, then is silent whil

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2005
US
only rings once out loud, then is silent while it continues to ring. How can I set to continue ringing until answered?

The other phones do in office, but I don't see anything different in programing between them?

don't think i can program a phone to do that, i would out the set and put it back in. or give it to a person that is hard of hearing, maybe they'll thinks it their hearing aid. have you tried swapping the set with a known set?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

my thought to ace

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Set CLS to RING instead of BUZZ

That's what we did with all our phones in our CC.

J

I assume you mean when a call appears on the DN key not ACD agent log-in key. It's a class of service feature that doesn't normally appear until you invoke it. Try entering FITA (Flexible Incoming Tones Allowed) in the CLS prompt, this should cure it.

Good luck,
Steve

fita is repeated ringing on a line when the station is in use.. if i am on key 0, i get one tone by default, then flash.. with fita i get repeated tone...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Still works with ACD sets. The default for ACD sets is to give one buzz. The normal setting is BUZZ in CLS. With this feature it mimicks normal ringing. In later releases of s/w 24.x there's another prompt you can enter in CLS...RNGI.

Have to go with sidvic on this one the FITA is for continuing the buzz with the ring cycle until answered. Just be aware that when you are on a call and another one comes in it will also do multiple buzzing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back