Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian auto reset of DTI/PRI alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismec

Programmer
Mar 12, 2018
US
Hello. Occasionally we have issues with an alarm on DTI/PRI card that requires a reset. Am new to meridian and see there are some possible scripting options. Was going to start setting up a PC script to periodically connect to the switch, check for an alarm and reset the card if there is. Thought I would check in here and see if this is a solved problem already and what you guys recommend. Can the system can already perform this action automatically or will scripting up a connection be the way to go. Of course I am interested in fixing the issue as well rather than band-aid it, but I figure that will come the more I learn about the system. Thoughts and advice would be awesome!

what type of alarms are you getting that needs to be cleared? prt LCNT in 60 & post the affected loop

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

I think I would get the problem fixed instead of trying to run a script to reset the card. You could also make sure LD 60 is in the midnight routine and that will reset the counters daily.

Loop 2 is typically what we have to reset:

Code:
PRI TRK  LOOP 1
TRSH CNT:
BPV     -000
SLIPD   -001
SLIPR   -000
CRC     -000
LOSFA   -006
OS_BPV  -000
OS_LOSFA-001
OS_YEL  -000

DTI TRK  LOOP 2
TRSH CNT:
BPV     -000
SLIPD   -694
SLIPR   -002
CRC     -000
LOSFA   -004
OS_BPV  -000
OS_LOSFA-002
OS_YEL  -000

Was reading that clocking errors could cause this. Here is LD 73:

Code:
DDB000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 1113844    USED U P: 125758 136653    TOT: 1376255
DISK RECS AVAIL: 265
REQ  prt
TYPE ddb

CC0  1
PREF CC0  1
SREF CC0  FREE RUN

TRSH 00
RALM 3
BIPC 2
LFAC 3
BIPV 3  2
SRTK 5  30
SRNT 15  3
LFAL 17  511
SRIM 1
SRMM 2
ICS

And for routines below is LD22. So if I add MID_SCPU this will reset the counters? I also saw something about auto recovery in LD 73, is this also an option?

Code:
REQ  prt
TYPE ovly

OVLY
  SID  0
  BKGD 044
  PBXH 01
  TODR 01
  DROL 034 038 044 135
  MULTI_USER ON

the clock needs to be locked to a nominated source, ideally the primary. have you tried this???

(all of this in ld60)check stat of clk = ssck 0/1, enl as required then lock to the primary, TRCK PCK 0/1

I would guess that your references are all going to be 0, & give it time to lock can take about a minute

Scott UK

Definitely check that the CC is locked and tracking on the primary reference. And then include ld 60 in the DROL

Thank you all for the advice! I'm in uncharted territory here, been trying to find a detailed document on LD 60, but not having much luck. Seems the administration manual is missing that : )

Anyway, SSCK 0 is enabled and locked. SSCK 1 shows disabled. I attempted an:
Code:
.ENL CC 1
.TRCK PCK 1
.SSCK 1
But it did not appear to work. After entering ENL CC 1 it does not go back to a "." prompt. I get the following response and have to hit enter to get a "." prompt.
Code:
.ENL CC 1

DTI051

Thanks again for y'alls guidance!

Just found LD 60 in the software I/O manual. Will check it out!

what type of system do you have?? you may only need one clock source to be locked for the whole system.

Scott UK

I believe it is an 11c, but I'm still pretty green. Only say that because I see lots of propaganda lying around saying its an 11c. Not quite sure how to tell by hardware yet...

A picture is worth 1000 words. Typically if its hanging on the wall it's an Option11/CS1000 Cabinet. That being the case an Option 11 only needs 1 clock reference with 1 clock daughter board.

Does it look like a 3ft long 2.5ft wide light grey air con machine? what is the part number of the card in the very 1st slot? (I love 11's, bullet proof them suckers). as KCFLHRC confirmed you only need 1 clock source for one of them. I would next ask the service provider to check their end if your clock source is locked to the primary

Scott UK

It is hanging on the wall and looks like an aircon, looks pretty much like this 11c on pbx cookbook. The PN of the first card is NTDK20FA RLSE 01 (SSC) followed by two NTRB21AB's (DTI/PRI). An ld60 stat shows loop 1 tracking but loop 2 skips that line all together. Could that be an issue? For example:

Code:
PRI* TRK LOOP 1 - ENBL
FFMT/LCMT/YALMT: ESF/B8Z/FDL
TRACKING
SERVICE RESTORE:  YES

DTI TRK LOOP 2 -ENBL
FFMT/LCMT/YALMT: ESF/B8Z/FDL
SERVICE RESTORE: YES

Also, secondary reference on LD73 shows free run. Could that be an issue? Am a babe it the woods here, but not scared to dig in : )

You only need one clock reference defined in an Option 11. Secondary Reference Free Run is Typical. Print your CEQU in LD 22

Code:
REQ  PRT
TYPE CEQU

CEQU
  MPED 8D
  SUPL  000  004  008  012
        016  032  036  040
        044  048  064  068
        072 P096
  XCT   000
  CONF  029  030  031  062
        094  095

DLOP  NUM DCH FRM LCMT YALM T1TE TRSH
   TRK  02 24  ESF B8S  FDL  0    00
   PRI  01 23  ESF B8S  FDL  0    00
  MISP

prt in "ld60, ssck 0" & post here

Scott UK

Havent had much time to look into this more. Wondering if I should call the service provider about the SLIPD's.

Here is a print out of ssck 0
Code:
>LD 60
DTI000
.SSCK 0
ENBL
CLOCK ACTIVE
CLOCK CONTROLLER -  LOCKED TO SLOT 1
PREF - 1
SREF - FREE RUN
AUTO SWREF CLK - ENBL
NO ERROR

IP DB PORT 1  DSBL
IP DB PORT 2  DSBL
IP DB PORT 3  DSBL
IP DB PORT 4  DSBL
CABINET CLK SRC: CC

looks ok to me, you can try your provider but it could still be your own hardware. best to go down the cheapest route & ask your provider to check their end first. one other question what sort of media is the circuit run over?(fibre/copper/microwave). Just that I had a microwave link that played up & the provider only excepted responsibility once I changed the DPRI card :-(

Scott UK

Finally getting a bit of time to look back into this, just been resetting the card when it shuts down. Is there a way to tell what card is the tie and which is the ld carrier? I am thinking we may be clocking off of our tie... When loop 2 goes down, which is what is getting the slipd errors, we loose long distance. Our clock is tied to loop 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back