Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian 61c - Forwarding to an External Number...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey Jordan

Systems Engineer
Jul 5, 2022
US
I am trying to configure my switch to automatically forward inbound calls to a specific DID to an external number. I have followed the guides on Mike's Cookbook and it won't quite work right.

Calls that originate from outside the switch will not forward. When I use another in-house station to call my station, the call will complete to the external number.

I have turned on PRI monitoring and watched the console. I don't see anything that's obviously wrong. I have messed with CFF and CFO settings in the RDR_DATA and neither will make it work when the incoming number is external to the switch.

I have CFXA enabled on the set. I must be missing something. Can anybody help me determine what it is?

Thanks,
Casey

look in NET_DATA in the CDB the following deal with different types of trunk to trunk barring

DITI (NO) YES DID to TIE connections allowed

TRNX (NO) YES (Prevent) Allow transfer on ringing of supervised external
trunks across the network

EXTT (NO) YES (Prevent) Allow unconditional external Trunk to Trunk
transfer.
Enter YES to indicate that a caller can transfer a call made
to one outgoing trunk to another outgoing trunk without
restrictions based on supervision. Trunk to trunk
connection features such as TGAR/TARG and Trunk
Barring still apply as appropriate.
Enter NO to indicate that the transfer is allowed only if
conditions regarding supervision are met. This prompt
only applies to situations involving two calls originated by
the same caller.

Thanks for the reply.

I had checked on these options. I have the TRNX as YES. I have the EXTT as YES. My switch does not have the DITI option. I read that this is part of software package 131. Is it possible to have package 131 and not have all features turned on? Or am I out of luck if I don't have the software?

Thanks,
Casey

Are you using an IDC table for incoming calls?. This is done in LD 49.
You might need to add or change an entry.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

We do have an IDC Table, but the incoming number in question is not in the IDC Table.
CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back