Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian 2616 Autodial Question 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TazRussy

Technical User
Feb 17, 2006
US
I am new to all of this, so could somebody tell me what the code "DSP" stands for, I am trying to get a phone setup for autodial and one of the needed\wanted buttons has a code od "DSP" on it. I also would like to know how to change the codes on a 2616 phone, via terminal.
(ie. I want to change the "DSP" to "ADL 16"). Thanks in advance for all your help.

your playing with an acd set, making changes on an acd set can either take down a switch, or corrupt the database, which means either reload or retype

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Are you saying that all those buttons are preconfigured? I just want to change it on one phone. Could you tell me what "DSP" stand for? I didn't think it was going to be that big of a deal. Guess that proves I'm a newbie. Thanks.

dsp stands for display. If this phone does not have a key programmed with nrd and msb and acd than it is not an acd phone.
ld 20
chg
type of phone
echg type in yes
key x adl 16
x is the key dsp is on now.

The phone buttons are as follows:
01 SCR
02 DSP
03 ADL 16
04 CFW 4
05 TRN
06 AO6
08 MWK
09 ADL 16
10 ADL 16
11 ADL 16
12 ADL 16
13 ADL 16
14 HOT D

What is that DSP supposed to do? Anything?

I want to change "02 DP" to "ADL 16, but I don't want to mess anything up, the "02 DPS" button doesn't seem to do anything. Thanks again for all the help, it is greatly appreciated.

DSP is display queue calls waiting. You definitely don't need it on the set you printed out.

ld 20
Req: chg
type: 2616
tn: put in the tn number
ecchg: yes
key 2 adl 16
enter throuhg.
dsp can be used when your second line is ringing and you are on the first line you would hit the dsp key than the ringing line to see who is calling. with new releases its not necessary for that although may still be used for other similar circumstances.

Thanks again to everbody that replied.

DWC is Display Waiting Calls in an ACD Q
DSP is just a plain ole display key. The usage of DSP is just like Nortellian said.

good catch, key 0 is built as ACD xxxx 0 xxxx, those are not to be changed.. any key can be changed with that same list of commands... this switch is easy to learn, read a few post and ask questions when you get stuck. the more info you provide the quicker you get an acurate responce..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

That is not even a phone. No key 00, no DN after MWK...if ACD, then no NRD or MSB. I mean geez...just replace the confidential info with random numbers....don't raise doubt
that it could work at all. We do not know what you know, and the other readers that know les will simply be confused.

fake it so that other benefit and we know a litle about your level of expertise

~
TEKIMG19K.gif

us dumb guys sorta thought he didn't post the complete phone

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Boy is the whole world dumb.

OK, OK...Ya, I know John....I knew you were reading between the lines and knew you were working with what you had knowing why it was posted as it was...

But....the ACD talk....could it really be ACD ?

~
TEKIMG19K.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back