Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian 1 - PMS interface not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan99503

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2004
US
Hello,

I'm new to this group, I found it due to an issue with a client with a Meridian 1 switch. I hope you might be able to provide some input to point me in the right direction.

They have a CDR (DB9) serial port to a PC that received the records and works. Then it's has another serial port on the PC that sends the record to the PMS (RS232) port on the switch. This is the part that is not working. They use profitWatch 2009.

They were unsure of the baud rate or if it had been changed, it was set on 1200/8/N/1. I tried changing the settings and replacing the serial cable. With other cables I'm unable to get the CDR port working or the PMS port. So I was hoping to find out the correct cabling to utilize the two ports (serial, null, something else?). I was also looking for a way to check the port configuration on the system, so I could verify what it's correct baud and bit settings were. The CDR port is working on 1200/7/1/M.

I am an IT person who is not familiar with the phone switch so this is new to me. Any input you have would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

- Dan

The PMS (Property Management System) is not CDR (Call Detail Recording), Its normally used to check Guests into rooms, by enabling the phone for external calls, adding Guest name, wake up calls etc. When you say you've checked it at various speeds etc, what were you expecting to see? The default prompt for a PMS / BGD port is '.' , If you typed LOGI did you get any response? First thing to check would be the TTY ports from the maintenance terminal, in LD 37, STAT and if its disabled, then ENL TTY X.

It's just what the ports are labeled. The ProfitWatch program uses the same terminology. I am unsure about the whole process but the software seems to just filter unbillable calls and price them. Then it feeds them back through the PMS port of the switch. After that they are posted into the billing system. I will see if I can find the maintenance terminal, I tried one console but it didn't respond. I'll check around and try another keyboard and see what I can find out.

Thanks,

- Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back