Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian 1 61C & 11C Auth Code db purge and rebuild 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngFerber

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
We use the Authorization Code feature to simultaneously enforce both authorization code restrictions on toll calls and get account codes to spit out in CDR (auth code is the a/c code); yes, I know that is not standard use, but this is how this legacy application/process of 2,500 codes is run.

We're changing from a nine digit auth code to a ten digit auth code (discontinuous numbers). Is there a cost-effective way to download the switch information and delete the project codes, either by Nortel, by batch mode command, or on a PC (on both 61C/disk, and 11C PCMCIA card, 2 different sites, 2 different PBXs), then after changing the Auth code data block to accept/require ten digit codes, download the new batch of codes in electronic format?

We've been told that each code must be manually outed, and on restoration of the ten digit customer auth code data block, input the new codes manually using the command line interface; does anyone have a better way, one which does not involve Repetitive Motion Injury and/or forty to fifty hours of work? Ver 23.x

Thanks for reading the post!

Angela

Perhaps, a Terminal-Script can be very usefull ...

There is a database transfer utility but the process is too lenghtly and somewhat complicated to mention here. Go to the Upgrade Procedures manual (553-3001-258) and look up your system type. Good luck

I've got a Procom Plus script used for both deletion and input of steering codes in LD 87. You should be able to modify it quite easily to meet your needs. Same basic deal, just different load.

It reads the steering codes (your authcodes), one code at a time from a flat file. Let me know if you want it.

Thank you, all for responding.
rhack5565, would you be so kind as to forward that script to me? email address: Angela_Ferber@gensler.com. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back