Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridain Link / CCR card boot problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nozy

Technical User
Jun 13, 2001
GB
Hi all.

Having problems booting Meridain Link/ccr card, showing error as listed below. Could anyone help me please or point me in the right direction..

System V/68 Release R3V7 M68040 Version 701202

Real mem = 16777216
Avail mem = 11218944
Buffers = 2048
Copyright (c) 1984-1992 Motorola Inc. All rights reserved

INIT: Cannot open /etc/inittab errno: 2

INIT: SINGLE USER MODE
TermSetup[37]: tput: not found
TermSetup[45]: tput: not found
TermSetup[51]: tput: not found
TermSetup[67]: tput: not found
TermSetup[72]: tput: not found
erase = ^h kill = ^u intr = ^c quit = ^|
#

Hi,

Your
system appears to have a fault in the O.S. No options, re-install required, hope you have a backup.

Hi.

Oky so that means that I have a very big problem on my hands then. I have no backup tape, Whats the next option open to me. Is it pssible for me get a another backup from somewhere else and load that on ??.

Cheers.
Nozy.

Hi, had a similar problem with a MAX5 some years ago. if you have the time, have look in the docs of the card or ask a nortel-tech: during boot-sequence it is possible to enter internal diagnostics of the card, i think it was ctrl-c during init. the diagnostic-menu offers some disk-tests. might be usefull before reinstalling perhaps the disk is defective, not only the filesystem...

good luck,
chris

Hi all.

Would like to say thanks for all all the people who have helped me. Found a solution for this problem, the experts told me that I would need a reload since I have no doucuments I was in trouble. The fix is simple all you need to do is rebuild the inittab file. All you need to do is learn some basic UNIX commands your half way there.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back