Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridain Hand set problem ???, Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nozy

Technical User
Jun 13, 2001
GB
Hi all.

Is there anyone out there that could help me, in finding a solution for this problem.

When a call arrives in the office, the call is answered on the loud speaker (Hands free mode), on its own? without the user touching any buttons. I have tried differant types of hand sets with no joy?.

Why dose this happen ?.
How can I fix the problem ?.

Nozy.

Stuck "Handsfree" key? If it stuck in the down position it would do what you are saying. Try replacing the phone or cleaning the key.

I cannot think of any programming that would do this.

Roger

Its not a stuck button, the whole floor seems to be exprencing this problem.

The calls are being tranfered from a CTI server, I belive this has not happened anywhere else with this product before. I think it could be a Meridain configuration.

Nozy

Question - are these phones in an ACD? It sounds like it may be. If so you may want to print out the ACD and see if FORC is YES. If so, change it to NO.

LD 23
PRT
ACD
CUST n (usually 0)
ACDN

Thanks for the input.

Yes these phones are in a ACD, will consult configuration.

Nozy.

there is also a set class of service, aaa-automatic answer allowed, vcalls can be set to be hfree but Fotozamia is most likely right

Hi chaps.

Had a look at configration and FROC is set to NO.
Also the the class of service dose not appear to have aaa setting. I listed a ACD followed by ACD-DN config, please take a look.

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 97900
MWC YES
MAXP 60
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP YES
VSID 11
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT 5
FRT 2
SRRT 5
SRT 2
NRRT
FROA YES
NCFW 32862
FNCF NO
CWTT NONE
HMSB YES
ACPQ NO
FORC NO
RTQT 0
SPCP NO
OBTN NO
RAO NO
CWTH 1
NCWL YES
CWLF 2
CWLW 3
BYTH 0
OVTH 2047
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT 2
RTPC NO
STIO
TSFT 20
HOML NO
RDNA NO
DAL NO
RPRT NO
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100
IVR NO

DES ACD
TN 020 0 00 00
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 0
SGRP 0
RNPG 4
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST 2
SCPW
SFLT NO
CAC 3
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FND HTD ADD HFA
MWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDD
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CNTD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD DELD CFHD FICD NAID DNAA BUZZ
UDI RCC HBTD AHD DDGD NAMD MIND PRSD NRWD NRCD NROD
EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3
CPND_LANG ROM
HUNT
LPK 0
PLEV 02
SPID NONE
AST 00 06
IAPG 1
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
PRI 01
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 ACD 97900 0 97801
AGN
01 TRN
02 RGA
03 MSB
04 NRD
05 CFW 4 5
06 SCR 97701 1 MARP
DATE 19 APR 2000

The configuration appears to be correct. I am not that familiar with CTI interfaces, however, it could be that the calls are transfered from the interface as forced answer. You may want to check that out.

Two things to try:

1. On the affected phones, change CLS to HFD. This should eliminate the HF option on these phones.

2. Build a test ACD with same configuration but not on the CTI interface. Call the ACD and see if the Hands Free answers. If it does, it is a PBX problem. If it doesn't, then the ptoblem is most likely external to the PBX programming.

The ACD configuration indicates that the ACD-DN is unter the control of an auxilary processor. The auxilary processor, for example Meridian Link, has the ability to control the handset, in this case keys 0 and 6. Therfore it is most likely that the host computer program is telling the aux processor to answer the call. If the handpiece is in the cradle of the telset then the call would be answered in handsfree. Neither the user nor the PABX is answering the call, the Host CTI machine is, I suggest you contact the vendor of this machine and have them check.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back