Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merician Mail Connection dies everyday 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystaldre

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2004
US
I keep losing connection to the Meridian Mail voicemail system.

I go into the server room and the green light is on the voicemail card. If I try calling into the voicemail system from a deskphone i get a busy signal. If I try loging into the voicemail system from the terminal I get nothing back.

At this point I have to switch off the phone system on the voicemail card, wait a few seconds, and then power it back up. 10-15 mins later the voicemail system works perfectly again.

This has been happening for about a week now. Is it possible that there's a setting in the phone system that's disconnecting the voicemail system at night? If so does anyone know how I can check it and change it?

what errors are you seeing on the PBX? If MM goes down, there will be errors...lots of it, over and over and over...

Hello,

if the pabx is an option 11C, you can try to change the power. I had this kind of problem : the voice mail system goes down 3 hours after it goes up.

Bye

Look at the SEER Messages on the MM, it will help pinpoint where the problem is, whether its the PBX or the MM itself.

I've actually seen this happen twice. Both were Option 11C systems. First time Nortel traced it to the SSC card. Replaced the card and never happened again. Second one was at a hotel and the Property Management System kept taking it down. They had to get their computer experts in there to fix the Property Management System. Though either way I would never trust a system with the initials "PMS".

The battery backup system we had the phone system plugged into was going bad. So we plugged it all to a new battery system. However, the next day the voicemail was down again. This was 2 days ago and it hasn't happend since. I'll keep you guys informed if it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back