Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merging layers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKahn

Technical User
Dec 12, 2001
US
While working on a project on Photoshop 6, I merged some layers to make working on my project more convienient. However for some reason I needed to un-merge the layers. But I cannot find un-merge or whatever I need to do this.

Any suggestions?

Im afraid there is no "un-merge" command. You can however step backwards through your history to point before you merged, you will lose everything you've done since but thats better than having to start over. If you have already saved and reopened the file you may not have lost your history for that session.

just a small suggestion, If what you are working on is important then make regular saves at big stages in your work, and don't over write the file, save it as something new so you have a history log of previous versions of your work...

it makes life a whole lot easier if your as indecisive as i am x-)

Good luck with it (-:
gohard.jpg

//phase

Once you have merged and closed your image that is it. Sorry. you can go back in history if your file is still open but you lose other changes you have made. Why not just hide off the layers you dont want to work on or be bothered with until you have finished you complete project. It still is a good idea though to save your finished image as a psd thus preserving the layers for future changes.
Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back