Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

merging from access

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinyowl

Technical User
Aug 18, 2010
GB
I have two separate access applications both of which access an independent address data base in Access. I need to emphasise they are completely independent from on another.

I have have copied the query used to provide the details for merging and used it on both Access databases which which share the same database structure.

From one Access database when using MS word and merging using the mail merge wizard I am able to choose from all the tables and queries and pick the correct query to supply the information for the mail merge and it works fine.

Another attempt to mail merge using the second database will only reveal a subset of the queries and tables available in the Access database and one of these missing queries is the one I need for the mail merge

Any help would be appreciated

Hi,

It appears that there are THREE Access dbs. TWO of them each have queries that access the third db, which has the data.

Do you know, without question, that each of the TWO db's contain identical queries?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Hi Skipvought

Thank you looking at my problem.

My initial question was confusin.

The two databases are completely seperate including there own set of data.

However there are slight differences in the queries I used for each one butonly because I have changed the field names slightly.

To illustrate the likeness or otherwise of the queries I have pasted the the SQL from each one below.

This query does not appear

SELECT qryAllMasterFile.[Yes/NoGreen], qryAllMasterFile.*, *
FROM qryAllMasterFile
WHERE (((qryAllMasterFile.[Yes/NoGreen])=True));

This query does appear

SELECT qryAllMasterFile.[Yes/NoGreen], qryAllMasterFile.*, *
FROM qryAllMasterFile
WHERE (((qryAllMasterFile.[Yes/NoGreen])=True));

I should point out that there are may queries absent from the list offered by the mail merge set up sequence and not just those set up specially for the letters required.

I cannot locate any settings which might cause this to be the case.

Don

Hi Don,

Although you said
there are slight differences in the queries I used for each one butonly because I have changed the field names slightly.
the two queries you poosted are identical, so any difference in the DBs isn't evident.

Cheers
[MS MVP - Word]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back