Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merging Flash movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbeaumo

Programmer
Jul 19, 2007
US
I'm a beginner at using Flash. I have two Flash movies that I want to combine into one. The problem is that one of them is a dynamic "gallery" movie that is created in real time using JavaScript and XML, like this:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
sifr_prepare({sSelector:"#content h2", sFlashSrc:"/swf/sifr/bembostd.swf", sColor:"#FFFFFF", sLinkColor:"#FFFFFF", sBgColor:"#250868", sHoverColor:"#FFFFFF", sWmode:"transparent", sFlashVars:"textalign=right"});
var FO = {movie:"/swf/home.swf",width:"750",height:"187",majorversion:"7",build:"0",wmode:"transparent",flashvars:"gurl=home_slideshow.xml" };
UFO.create(FO,"opener");
</script>

When I view "bembostd.swf", it's just a plain text message that says "Please pass in your text", so I guess it's for generating dynamic text. The file "home_slideshow.xml" is a list of images that are displayed in the movie. When I view "home.swf", all I see is a part of the actual gallery movie that's displayed on the website (i.e., the graphic wrapper for the gallery images).

The bottom line is that I want the first movie, which I've made myself, to play and then fade into the second movie, which uses these three files. Do I need to program some ActionScript in the first movie that does this? Or is it done using JavaScript in the web page where I want to put it?

...to play and then fade into the second movie...

Is not going to be an easy task, if I understand your structure correctly...

You can first try to simply load the second movie to replace the first movie (no fading into for this first test...), to see if that works...

But you seem to be using some .js script to embed the movies, so you should first make sure the .js script is uploaded and present on your server...

Regards. FLASH HELP - OPENED FOR BUSINESS!
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back