Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merging email when using Mozilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmcb

Technical User
Jun 18, 2001
US
I use Mozilla for email and browsing. I have it on 2 different machines. Email is sent from either machine. Does anyone know how to merge the email folders and their messages together so that I can see all the email history on one of the machines, particularly the sent mail folder. Systems are Win98 SE and the machines are networked using ethernet and Network Neighborhood.

Thanks,
bobmcb@sbcglobal.net

If I remember correctly, Mozilla uses an mbox formatted mailbox. All that you must do is copy the sentmail mbox file from each machine to the other, and then concatenate the two files on both machines. mbox format is a very straight forward format, where the email exists exactly as it is sent.

Or you can rename the file before sending to the other machine and do an import of that mailbox.

This is exactly the reason that so many corporate structures use IMAP rather than POP servers. That way everything gets synchronized, no matter which machine you happen to log on with.
pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back