Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merging data files into XLS, not CSV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solojer

Technical User
Feb 28, 2008
CA
When merging data files into a spreadsheet, is there a way to merge into an XLS file instead of a CSV? Thanks!

If the program you're exporting data from can save XLS files, have you tried just opening those in Excel, and copying the data into your target spreadsheet ?

Fred Wagner

I want to take XML data from PDF forms, and merge them (using the Adobe software) into an XLS file (I can only find the option to do this using CSV at the moment).

I need it in XLS format because this file is the data source for another XLS file, and Excel can't do the linking on a CSV file.

Opening the CSV file and converting it to XLS seems cumbersome as the data source file will likely be updated quite regularly.

You need an automated way to handle the XML data - that's outside my area of expertise - you need someone who's a middleware expert - see if there's a programmer on your IT staff who can help. (I have one here - I describe what I need, and he makes it happen!)

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back