Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

merging 2 SAP BW infoqueries in reportnet framework manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberda

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2005
FR
hey,

has anyone already tried to do the following on FM for SAP BW infoqueries:

I have 2 infoqueries with different key figures bu common dimensions/hierarchies, such as:

1. Infoquery Billing
Key figures
- Sales €uro

Dimension
- Time
- Customers

2. Infoquery order
Key figures
- Order €uro

Dimension
- Time
- Customers

when I import the infoqueries, I have them under two differents namespace. I tried to copy/paste or shorcut into a single namespace, but I cannot/not allowed to recreate relashionip with common dimension for the two key figures tables.

has anyone an idea how to merge these 2 infoqueries?

Thanks

David

After several weeks, I come to the conclusion that due to MDX limitations on BW sidek the integration with BW is very restricted in terms of functions such as time/date, merging of queries in FM, calcultation in filter from FM etc..

basically, you shoud have all the filtering and any smart aggregation made directly in the infoqueries and do not expect to do more on the reportnet side that just page presentation and layout.

if you need time/date functions in BW, you should have a look at 'slow moving item' concept available in BW from version 3.0b and create a multiprovider cube with external ODS datasource where you will store all the date/tuime filter and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back