Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merging 2 companies in Peachtree

Status
Not open for further replies.

philote

MIS
Oct 2, 2003
US
We have kind of a strange setup in our office. We have two companies set up in Peachtree, one for accounting, the other for payroll. We were using Peachtree 8 and recently upgraded to 2004. What I've been trying to do is export the employee info and payroll journal from the payroll company and import it into the other company so we would could use just one company. I keep having problems with some of the fields when importing the employee info. I think I'm exporting the correct fields and making sure I'm importing exactly the fields I export but it's still not working. Can anyone else who's done something similar offer any tips? I'll keep trying... I'm going to go through field by field again to make sure I'm doing this right.

Kevin
A+, Network+, MCP

I have found that if you eliminate the field (do not export it and uncheck the field to import) that the process works better. Peachtree can only give you an error on one field at a time, so you may have other fields to eliminate. Most of the errors occured on the payroll fields for deductions. If the new company does not have the exact default information and taxtables as the old company, errors will appear when you try to import.

Thanks for the info! I'm just the IT guy here and am not familiar with Peachtree but I think most of our problem is mismatched default info. How/where should I go to make sure this info matches in both companies?

Kevin
A+, Network+, MCP

So does anyone know of a way to copy payroll settings from one company to another?

Kevin
A+, Network+, MCP

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be easier to just start doing payroll in the other company. Transfer the balances in during set up and forget the old payroll company.

mc

That's actually what we ended up doing at the beginning of the year. I was hoping to find a way to transfer everything before the end of the year but we decided to just wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back