Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MergeMaster, & Mail Merge in ACT! 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galletas

Technical User
Mar 19, 2009
US
I am having problems using MergeMaster to send emails. I use ACT! 6.0 through Outlook Express. I get an error message saying 'Merge to Internet Mail (SMTP) failed' - any ideas?

The rest of the error message says 'Unable to connect to the Internet Mail (SMPT) server'. So I added Internet Mail to the E-mail system in ACT! Preferences, and tried sending as a normal Mail Merge from ACT! This seemed to work fine, and got rid of the HTML file attachment on the outgoing emails. But now I am getting replies from some contacts who have received my email in Chinese characters! And a website that I use for sales leads has not allowed me access as it says my IP address has been identified as 'looking similar to automated requests from spyware applications or excessive or unusual activity'. What's going on?

Galletas

Ah, think I have solved at least one problem. Had to resort to good ol' Mail Merge and send 100 at a time, which took forever, but managed to stop the outgoing emails from including an attachment by changing ‘HTML’ to ‘Plain Text’ in Edit >> Preferences >> E-mail >> Composing Options.

Galletas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back