Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merge PDF Doc's 1Foreground/1 Background

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealDeal

Technical User
Nov 16, 2001
US
I have 2 PDF files. The first one I saved as the foreground, the other I saved as the background. Is it possible to merge the 2 documents so that I have 1 file where the first file is the foreground and the second file is the background and, ... the first one is transparent enough to see the second?

Further details: file 1 has 5 pages and page 2 has 5 pages -- the end result would still be 5 pages and page 1 of file 1 would overlay page 1 of file 2, etc... .

...i don't believe acrobat alone will be enough to achieve this, you may have more success using indesign to layout the pdf files as required, add a bit of transparency and then remake the pdf file again via the export function. Ensure your pdf export settings are suitable for your required output...

...indesigns pdf export functions are excellent...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back