Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merge Modules and unicows.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2003
BY
I've made a setup package with Wise for Windows Installer to install all required runtime dll's.
I've downloaded Crystal Reports merge modules and added them to the package. The installation works fine on Win2000, but on Win98 (suppose on Win95/Me as well) it cannot register some dll's showing message that unicows.dll cannot be found,thou in the reportengine.msm the file unicows.dll exists and is copied to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin" folder during the installation.
Is there any solution?
P.S.
I'm using cr9rdcmergemodules.

I am having the same problem using version 10 merge modules. Using dependency walker you can find some of the missing depenencies.

After 5 failed to registers, I get an abnormal program termination message from msiexec.exe, then two more failed to registers, then internal error 2763!

The install works fine on 2000 and XP. fails on 9x and ME.

I will let you know if I find out anything new. Please let me know if you make any progress.

2 tjax111:
Suppose I have found a solution. This problem occurs when an ATL.dll is missing.
The correct version of ATL.dll can be found and registered on the client computer using one of these 3 methods:

1. Install Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on the client computer.

2. Manually copy and register ATL.dll on the client computer and then run the Setup package for the Crystal Reports distribution again.

3. Include the ATL.msm merge module in your setup project. This will install the correct version of ATL.dll on the computer and register the DLL appropriately.

The ATL.msm merge module is included as part of the Visual Studio installer 1.1. Download the Visual Studio installer 1.1 from the Microsoft web site at:

I've installed an IE6 and Win98se sp1 Enu on client machine and setup project works fine on Win98.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back