Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merge in Manager Breaks Voicemail Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnestel

Programmer
May 10, 2012
US
I have an IPO customer who takes care of his own system 97% of the time. He recently changed the submask from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.254.0 under LAN1 to expand their network, because they were running out of IP addresses for devices. He made a corresponding adjustment on the VMPro server as well.

Since then, any time he makes a programming change that saves wtih a merge, the Voicemail Pro quits. He has to reboot the IP Office in order to get VMPro back. I tried to tell him he might be able to just restart it in services - I'm fuzzy on whether he tried that or not.

He has a 2nd location connected via SCN. They still have 255.255.255.0 and can make merges without affecting VMPro.

So there is a lot more info I could collect, but meanwhile, has anyone ran into this before? Does anyone have any suggestions?

In all reality they didn't need to change anything on the VMP as long as it is in a subnet that can see the one IP of the IPO. The only reason to have changed it on the IPO is if they were expanding the subnet to install more IP phones. It is an odd issue to be sure. I would recommend they change the subnets back and see if that solves the problem.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

The issue was happening before they changed the settings on the VMPro server. They changed the settings there in an attempt to solve the problem...but it didn't work.

So, they have to reboot the IPO or VMP? What I am thinking is at some point they may merged a setting that should have been a reboot. The config has some goofy information stuck in it that crashes the VMP connection until it is rebooted. I would suggest something like changing the VM type to embedded. Save it and reboot it. Set it back to centralized and reboot it.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thanks for the suggestion budbyrd, I had suspected that as the cause too. The customer did the config change/reboots as you suggested and he is saying merge is still breaking the VMPro. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back