Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merge Front and Back end files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShabanaHafiz

Programmer
Jun 29, 2003
PK
I am using Microsoft Office Access 2003.

We received an mde file from an organization in which we have to enter data. Since the information has to be updated by multiple users, so I split the database into front and backend with the following steps:

1. Split the database into db1_be.mdb and db1.mde using Database Splitter
2. Copied db1.mde on each users PC
3. Linked db1.mde with db1_be.mdb on each user’s PC through Linked Table Manager

Now the issue is that we have to send the final output in a single mde file that we originally received. I searched in Access help and there is a topic, Convert a linked table to a local table. If we go with this solution, we will have to copy each table in db1.mde, rename it and paste structure and data with the same name. Then we will have to delete the renamed table.

Is there any other option to accomplish this; i.e., to remove the link of db1_be.mdb from db1.mde and make it part of db1.mde.

ShabanaHafiz

You could remove (delete) the links and then import all tables at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back