Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merge config results in invalid licences for VMPro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpking

Programmer
Mar 26, 2003
GB
We are running IP Office 406 v2.1(15) on a fairly small network with just the one lan. However, following our recent upgrade to this version, when we merge a config, the licences become invalid and we lose voicemail, and get Phone Manager lite etc. We have to do a full reboot of the system to get them back. The dongle is on the VMPro server which has a static IP address, correctly referenced in the system. We tried the broadcast option and it severely affected the performance of our lan. In any case, we never had a problem with this setup before the upgrade. Anyone got any ideas? It would be much appreciated.

When Upgrading to 2.1 did you replace the old 2.0 manager with the new V2.1

I have seen this happen if the customer makes changes with an out of date manager application

the solution is to delete & replace the licences using the 2.1 manager

That's a possibility, although the version numbers are a bit out. The one we were using was version 3.3, but we do have a version 4.1(15) as well. Is this the most recent version?

Oh yes...

Manager v 3.3 is meant for IPO v. 1.3!

You ALLWAYS has to use the right manager (4.1 manager for 2.1 IPO).

In your case, I would personally rewrite the config-file for the system with the correct manager.

If I have the latest Manager 4.1 loaded on my laptop, will I have issues when connecting to customers who have an IP Office less than a R2.1 or is it backwards compatible?

you could use the 4.1 manager on earlier systems how ever I would recommend keeping a copy of 3.4 installed for use with 1.4 & earlier systems, so far I have not had this cause any problems.

The additional features of 2.0 & 2.1 result in considerably larger cfg files that would contain useless infomation.

The design of the IPO CFG is such that information for unrecognised features is just skipped untill the next valid data entry is found however avaya always reommend using the same version of manager ass the core software on the switch.
using an earlier verson of manager would resolt in data loss

If you do use 4.1 or 3.4 on earlir systems you do so at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back