Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

merge 2 sharepoint calendars with recurring meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvee

Programmer
Aug 1, 2000
US
I have 2 WSS Sharepoint sites (in question) - each has a calendar that has been used extensively for at least a year. Both have lots of recurring meetings set up. Some of the same people are using both calendars and it would be easier to just use one. They would like me to merge the 2 calendars together.

I have found a way to merge the calendars in outlook, but this is not interactive nor what they desire.

I have found a way to merge the calendars by exporting the list contents and copying/pasting into the other list/calendar - unfortunately this method does not preserve the recurring status, so if say an event is set for every monday from last june until june of 2009, instead of recurring every monday, it just creates one event from june 2006-2009 - NOT what we want! ;)

I have also found a way to create a new calendar with the old content by saving the calendar as a template, but this still doesn't provide a merge...

Does any body have any pointers? Any body willing to guide me thru making the merge on my own using the sharepoint tables in sql server (I know, not advised.)

Thanks for any help.
-Megan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back