Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mercator Type Tree Problem version 4030/820

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisHallJJ

Programmer
Jul 25, 2003
US
I am having problems(in the ISA & GS segments) with a new customer that is sending me 820 data (version 4030) I use Mercator but no longer customer support. I have identified the problem to be in the ISA12 & GS05 segments. I am having problems changing the tree to be able to handle this client while concurrently supporting my existing customers.
If I change the ISA12 to "00400" and the GS05 to "1115" my map works fine.
Segment Sending Works
ISA12 Interchange Version ID 00403 00400
GS05 Time 111502 1115
How can I change the tree to handle both "00403" and "00400" in the ISA12 and "1115" and "111502" in the GS05 segments? Thanks!

Not sure I understand. Are you using the original type tree (or an extract from it) provided by the vender (Mercator/TSI/Ascential/IBM)? Is this a custum map or Partner Manager issue?

also, not familiar with 4030 version but for HIPAA, anyway, there didn't seem to be much diff between 4010 and 5010 versions. Is it safe to assume 4030 is basically the same in regards to your question?

Not sure what the correlation is between the ISA Version Cntl number and the GS Time elements. Seems like GS05 is a required 4-8 bytes without any special rules. Is this one problem or two?

Have you confirmed the values and rules are valid in the tree? 'Component Rule' and 'Include'

Thanks for your response...I did figured it out on my own... but to answer your questions,
1) I was using a trimmed down version of the vendor supplied 4030 tree. It was just trimmed to remove documents we don't use.
2) There is no correlation is between the ISA Version Cntl number and the GS Time element... I was just having problems with these segments using the generic tree and the data our customer was sending.
I made the following changes to the tree to make the map work:
The rule had to be changed in the time element in the GS05 to {HH24MM[SS]} and I had to change the rule on the ISA12. The rule was "WHEN( $ >= "00402", PARTITION( ISA11 Delimiter, Repetition ),
PARTITION( ISA11 Delimiter, InterchangeCtrlStandardsID ) )".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back