Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mercator 6.7.1 on a multiprocessor machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe1239

Programmer
Apr 20, 2005
US
We recently tried to upgrade to some newer AIX hardware. We went from a uniprocessor to a 4-way server. I'm now getting segmentation faults when I try to run the mercator program. We are zeroing in on the fact that the old machine used the unix_up kernel, and this new one uses a unix_mp kernel for multi processor machines. Anyone else run into something like this before? Is there something I need to configure differently in the mercator directory somewhere?

What version of AIX? There is no difference in the install for the number of CPUs.
Are you running the Command Server or Event Server? Best thing to do is open an issue with Ascential Support, they will send you a debugging script called ui, and you run it and send the resulting file back to support for analysis by support and engineering.
Did you install both 6.7 and SP1 on the new server, or did you copy the files from the old machine?

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back