Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mercator 1.4.2 on Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labwarp2

Programmer
Dec 17, 2003
US
We are running Mercator 1.4.2 on NT4.0 with 300 watches and 54 watch dirs.
We want to move to windows 2000, but Mercator is not coming up. It says: "Error 997: overlapped I/O operation is in progress". Is it possible to run good ol' Mercator 1.4.2 on Windows 2000?

Absolutley.

Been doing that for at least 18 months now!

We have had many problems running 1.4.2 on Windows 2000. According to Mercator "You may be able to run 1.4.2 on Windows 2000, but we have not certified that it will run and is NOT supported".

J.D. Hill

1.4.2 is no longer a support version on any platform, if you do not have SP4 you are not 100% y2k compliant. SP10 was last release of this series.

I am also new to Mercator - where did you find documentation? I need same v 1.4.2.

Also, is it true that v1.4.2 is NOT supported, AND it may or may not work on Windows 2000? What is the current version - and where do I find information on migration paths? When I try to find Mercator stuff - I get redirected to Accential Software - and I can't find anything on Mercator there (except that they bought Mercator).

mercator is nowdays ascential as a company and DataStage TX is the new name of it....

Current version is 6.7.1 with 7.5 in beta. 1.4.2 is not supported. I know because I am in the Support group. If you have 1.4.2 and have not been notified of the sunset of 1.4.2, and 2.0, and 2.1 and 2.11 and 5.0, your maintenance contract may have expired. It is not an easy upgrade from 1.4.2 to 6.7.x. All trees that were inported need to be re-imported and most likely, remapped.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

BTW, DataStage TX 7.5 is now G/A, 7.5.1 and 6.7.3 are in development

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back