Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merant ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcoupal

Technical User
Jul 9, 2001
US
Has anyone had any luck with Merant's drivers and Visual Foxpro? (I'm running VFP 8 on Win2k) When I try to create a remote view to a table containing a hyphen in the name it gives me this error:

Table/View/Synonym not found (7519)

I can do a SQLExec command and get data from tables with/without hyphens, but I would like to be able to modify data within hyphenated tables. Any general or specific suggestions appreciated!

p.s.- My driver is: Merant 3.60 32-bit Progress SQL92 v9.1D and I'm trying to hit a database that I *think* is in Progress 92b

-Mike

Mike,

Presumably this is a bug in the driver. In general, VFP does not stop you accesssing tables with hyphenated names.

If you can access the table through SQL pass-through, why not use SQL pass-through to update it? To do so, send an INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE command via SQLEXEC(). You will probably have to construct the command programmatically, which might be a little awkard, but it will get you past the problem.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back