Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merant ODBC Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milla

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2000
US
This might be _slightly off topic, but I have nowhere else to turn.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Currently I use Merant (Intersolv) 3.11 ODBC drivers to connect to Sybase using Crystal Reports on several Win 95 and Win 98 machines.&nbsp;&nbsp;I upgraded from CR7 to CR8 and want to take advantage of the web reporting.<br><br>The machine I have earmarked to serve as our we reporting box is running NT4.0, SP5.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have the (CR) component server installed (and I think, configured correctly), but I can not get the Merant ODBC drivers to install.&nbsp;&nbsp;I keep getting a 126 error (driver can not be loaded) followed by &quot;unable to load the set up or translator libraries&quot; when I try to test connect (from the ODBC setup screen).<br><br>My path statement does include the destination that the drivers were installed to, and I did verify that the drivers were copied (installed) successfully. <br><br>I downloaded the new Merant Driver (3.60) for Sybase, and I get the exact same error when trying to install.<br><br>I am starting to think that I might need the Sybase Open client libraries, but I am not sure.<br><br>Questions:<br><br>(1) Could this 126 error point to the fact that the Sybase Open Client Libs are not installed?<br><br>(2) Why did I never have to install the Syb O/C libs before?<br><br>(3) Is this a product of installing on NT?<br><br>Sorry to be so wordy, and Thanks in Advance for any help; it is appreciated.<br><br>-Matt Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back