Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menus lost between Access 2007 app and 2003 databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoulderRidge

Programmer
Mar 18, 2002
US
When my users launch the Access 2007 app I distributed in ACCDE format, it hides all the standard menus/ribbon. This is just a database setting where I unchecked “allow full menus” in the source ACCDB file. So far so good.

Then when the same user opens an Access 2003 MDB file, the menus are still missing (even though the settings for that database do not turn them off). Their workaround is to open Access 2003 first and then use the File…Open to open the first Access 2003 MDB file, which restores the menus. Until the next time they launch the Access 2007 app…

The environment is Windows XP and Office 2003 but with the Access 2007 Runtime installed to allow the 2007 app to work. Many of these Access 2003 MDB files are actually in the Access 2000 format, in case that makes a difference.

Any suggestions to avoid or improve the workaround?

Also BTW the Windows Installer runs between each Access version switch as well…but from what I’ve read there is no way around that one.
Thanks!

-- BoulderRidge B-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back