Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

menus and MDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenris

Programmer
May 20, 1999
CA
I am having an odd "problem"?? I have an mdi form which acts as the container to my mdi children. One of the child forms has a menu on it. When that child form is opened, it's menu replaces the containers menu. Now this would be pretty cool if the child's menu was appended to the containers menu, but it doesn't. How do I get it to behave, or simply stay on the child?

Any ideas... Troy Williams B.Eng.
fenris@hotmail.com

If the MDI child form has a menu, it replaces the menu of the MDI container form.

So you have to make the menu of the MDI child form look like a combination of the parent and the child, if that's what you want.

Add the parent's menu to the child form and disable any sub-menus (found on parent form) of the child form that should not be allowed when focus is on the child.

~Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back