Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

menus and announcements 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellyteck1

Technical User
Jan 17, 2005
CA
Hi I really need help with how to configure a menu on the call pilot. I am used to doing it on MM. Where do I define the VSDN (MM lingo) as an announcement or a menu and where do I define the actual menus or announcements. I have looked in the forum but cannot find the answer. Thank you advance for any help. I have had to take over a different system with option 11, otm, call pilot and I only know option 11, MM and symposium. I really could use a little direction. Thanks again. AJK

you need a copy of app builder on a pc, that connects to the call pilot via the clan.. from there it's html access and file new drag and drop, right click and set properties. once you get that far let us know if you get stuck.. it's pretty clear once you get started.. one slight burn, on a file new, scroll down to see the default path that is hidden before you start

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

HI John, thanks for coming through for me. I really needed a little guidance. I am remoting in and the pc doesnt seem to have the app builder. I will get that installed and give it a go. Again, thank you for being there. I was at a loss completely this time!! Have a good weekend ! :)

sometimes it just takes a bump in the right direction

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi John, okay its installed now. I need to make a menu application similar to another. Please can you tell me how I find what the other menu looks like? I have been able to find the announcement ids but when I look at the menu ids they are identical to the announcements!

I asked the lady who requested this what she dials to do the recordings. She stated she dials 5003 and then enters 1009 as application id. 5003 is tied to an analog line which forwards to 5001 (which is their voicemail system)but that actually then goes to DFDN 4001 which is an ACD which in turn goes to NCFW 0. How do I find the actual menus itemizing (ie option 1, 2, 3). Is 1009 the actual menu then??

Also I am quite confused as the same lady says the phone number I am to duplicate is xxx xxx 5259. When I look at that number it forwards to 4020, not 5003 which is the menu she apparently dials?

Maybe I am not getting the full picture!!

Thank you for all your help.
AJK

Hi again, I found 5003 on call pilot under service directory number. The name of it states Voice Item Maintenance.
Thank you for your help. AJK

Okay, I am getting somewhere but is there a quick way to copy blocks? Thank you for your help. AJK

just like any other app, crtl a crtl c then crtl to paste that page into a new page, do a save.. that also moves the recordings.. you can single click a menu and crtl c to copy just that block... after a couple of times it's faster then mermail.. click a connecting line and crtl to hide it and add a flag, cleans up long menus..

here's another hint, with the file open click file properties, then the security tab, otherwise you can't record that menu from the voice item maint dn

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi John, when I try copying I get a window that says:

The application already contains a block called whatever_Name. Would you like to change the name to whatever_Name1?

I am scared that if I commit to a new name that the original name will change and mess things up. I am doing a ctrl a, then ctrl c. I am then going to the new app and doing a ctrl. It appears that I am not copying correctly rather attempting to overwrite the original?

Am I doing something wrong? Thank you for your help. AJK

Hi John, turned out to be a glitch when copying and pasting! Wait five seconds after pasting then left click; go figure! Anyway, its built, now I have to go to the option 11 and make the ACD. When I try to save the app though I get the message: Incomplete applications cannot be put into service. How do I figure out why it is incomplete? Thank you, I am getting ever closer....at least I think I am :). AJK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back