Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

menu shortcuts dont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvinjmd

Programmer
Jan 23, 2003
US
i have a menu bar in my app but the shorcuts dont work... i use the "\<" options but when i run the form appear the undrescores in the letters but the oprion menu dont display... waht can be wrong??

TNX

marvinjmd

but the oprion menu dont display... waht can be wrong?

Do you mean the "Key text"? You have to specify them in the options "Key Label" and "Key Text".

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

sorry my english maybe i was not clear... the menu works fine..... but with the mouse!!! it doesn´t work with the keyboard shorcuts i assign it.. example \<file.. not work if i press Alt+f.... pri\<nt dont work with Alt+n and so.... the menu has the option to work in a top level form so i call with command line in load event : do menu.mpr with this , .t.

So, are you are saying that you can see the underscores, but they alt+letter keystrokes don't do anything? I can't think of any reason for that.

Does that apply also to the top-level menu? In other words, if you press Alt+F, would the File menu actually drop down?

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

yes... when i press the Alt key i see the underscores but the menu dont display.... i quit the my app and the VFP menu work wukt Alt-F.. Alt wherever.... my problem its in MY APP the Alt Key only diplay the underscores but dont display de menu.... the form its level de 2 (As top level form) and the menu in general options is set to "in top level".... i cal the menu from the load event with the command.... do menu menuname with this, .t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back