Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu MDI Child

Status
Not open for further replies.

redav

Programmer
Mar 20, 2001
GB
Hi

I've created a MDI with a menu, then created a MDI Child with a menu.

Is it posible to display the Child menu on the child form and keep the MDI menu displyed with its menu.

Thanks
Redav

I don't know if it's possible to do what you are asking. Sorry.

I do know an alternative.

SmartMenuXP allows you to have seperate menus on each form. Best of all, it's free. Hope this helps.

-George

Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause. - Fortune cookie wisdom

<Is it posible to display the Child menu on the child form and keep the MDI menu displyed with its menu.

No. You can't put a menu with an MDI Child form. Try playing with the MDIChild property, and see that the Menu Editor selection in the Tools menu is disabled if the form you're working with is an MDI Child. Imagine an Excel sheet with its own menu, rather than that of the Excel program which is the MDI parent. In other words....

This behavior is by design. HAHAHAHHHAAAAAA....

(ahem) You can do some interesting things with a picture box and the Visible property, if you're so inclined. Furthermore, you can evaluate the active form and alter the menu of the parent based on it, again using the Visible property for different menu selections. You might want to experiment with these and see if you can get the functionality you're looking for.

HTH

Bob

Have a look at thread 222-674559.

This should give you what you need.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back