Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu [layers] prints in IE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

venetianjigsaw

Programmer
Mar 25, 2005
US
I developed a web page that has a vertical menu (created from third-party tool) w/ several submenus. When I print the web page, the submenu displays at the bottom left of my web page. I contacted the company and their tech support stated this is an issue w/ IE6, and not other browsers. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for some type of work around?

I would like to send an attachment for you to review, but unfortunately, I see this site does not allow. If I can forward, please tell me how and I will fwd. I would really like to get this resolved.

Thanks for your assistance

David Lindsey
Memphis, TN

Wrap the whole navigation block in a span and give that span an id. Then create a stylesheet that doesn't print the span with that id. You can also do it using a class (which may be more useful to you).

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Page [/tt][tt]@[/tt][tt] Code Couch
[/tt]

If you gave your span an id of myNavigation then you could use the the following CSS to prevent it from printing:
Code:
<style type="text/css">
@media print {
  #myNavigation {display:none;}
}
</style>

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Page [/tt][tt]@[/tt][tt] Code Couch
[/tt]

Jeff,

Thanks again for your assistance. I tried your suggestion and it worked. Now when I view my menu in Print Preview, I no longer see the sub-menus at the bottom, but I also do not see the default menu items at the top [in the actual menu listing]. I guess this is one of those "can't have your cake and eat it too" situations.

I guess I'll opt for your suggestion. It's better than the alternative.

Thanks again...

David Lindsey
Memphis, TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back