Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu Items 'break out' of their box at certain break-point (related to my earlier post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0deM0nK424

Programmer
Oct 28, 2007
GB
responsive website - using bootstrap framework

using a navbar-default (makes no difference if i use inverse etc)

and ive got the following menu items:

What I'm noticing is, if we go to a size close to ipad portrait (768px) and anything 'mini-tablet' range, the menu breaks and 'contact us' starts on a second line.

This is not what I'm after, id rather it just collapsed sooner if this is gonna keep happening.

Any sugestions folks ?

btw is there any point in having the text links occupy two lines when in ipad portrait viewport/mini tablet viewport range ?

i.e

About Us becomes
Abous
Us

and Become a Member becomes
Become
a Member

whilst the navigation menu is responsive and does work, being a perfectionist i am keen to rectify the issue of too many menu items breakihng out of the actual menu holder. Advice ?

Hi Keith, could you elaborate ?

Are you referring to the extra </li> element ? ive just spotted that.

I believe the issue lies with the media queries, i need to change 768px to something like , 990px , so it 'collapses' sooner.

Obviously the container is fluid and the menu is contained with in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back