Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu In Netscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyone

Programmer
Dec 14, 2000
CA
I have a table with a div tag which is generated through javascript. Now the problem is that i want to change the cell color on mouse over but nothing seems to happen in Netscape. I'm using Netscape 4.74. The code is as follows.
Please help.

function changeColor()
{
document.write(&quot;<span id=dropmenu0 style='position:absolute;left:10px;top:0px;width:200pt; border-style:solid; border-width: 2pt; border-color:black; font-weight:bold; visibility:visible;'&quot;)

document.write(&quot;<table border='1' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' >&quot;)

for (i=0;i < 9;i++)
{

estr=&quot;<tr><td align='left' style='background-color:#CCCCCC;' onmouseover=this.style.bgcolor='#FF0000' onmouseout=this.style.bgcolor='#CCCCCC'>&quot;

printstr = estr+'</a></td></tr>'

document.write(printstr)
}
document.write('</table>')

document.write(&quot;</span>&quot;);
}

the mouseover/out events set
this.style.bgcolor

shouldn't it be
this.style.background-color ?

but that's what i have done in the code

because NS4 is so bad, it won't understand an onmouseover of a table cell, but fi it could the code for netscape to change color would be:

this.backgroundColor='validcolor' jared@aauser.com -

jaredn
i checked up the Netscape DHTML reference and it said that there is no such property as backgroundColor but there is a property bgColor which is equivalent. i guess even this dos'nt help. Is there any other way.

yup ....but that still did'nt solve my problem. Is there a way out.

I'm really pis... off with this Netscape crap. But i have to get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back