Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

menu fails in ie6

Status
Not open for further replies.

JillC

Technical User
Jan 10, 2001
AU
I thought I'd finished the redesign taking a table-based mess into CSS, only to discover that it's broke in IE6. I have used the Ultimate Drop Down Menu from CSSPlay but it appears to be unhappy sitting in this page. When I put an unaltered version of the CSSPlay menu into a testing page and check it with Netrenderer - it looks fine. But as soon as I try to do anything with it, or combine it with my page, NetRenderer shows everything in the menu stacked at the left margin, and the page text is not visible.
I have already swapped 90% of the pages over (because the dates and prices were urgently out-of-date) so now I think I'm in trouble if half the world can't view the site.
Can you please look at and see if you can tell me what I've done wrong to get this peculiar view in IE6.

Your page doesn't validate against the HTML validator at w3. Get it validating before you try and fix stuff.

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Blog [!]@[/!] CodeRambler
[/tt]

Make sure your web page and css validates properly against the doctype you have chosen - before you attempt to debug a problem!

FAQ216-6094

I would also suggest you use a different menu system. Your current one is wrapping a table around the menus in IE6, which could be what is causing problems. I would usually suggest Suckerfish dropdows as a good solution for dropdown menus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back